A marriage which has already been solemnised can be registered either under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. The Hindu Marriage Act is applicable in cases where both husband and wife are Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs or where they have converted into any of these religions. Where either of the husband or wife or both are not Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs the marriage is registered under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.
documents are required to be submitted along with application for marriage registration under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955?
Documentation required to be submitted depends on an individual case by case basis, but the following is a broad guide of documents generally required for marriage registration in Delhi:
1. Documentary evidence of date of birth of both the parties: Matriculation Certificate / Birth Certificate / Passport (depending on your jurisdiction). *Note: The husband should have completed 21 Years of age and the wife 18 years of age at the time of marriage.
2. Residential proof of husband and wife: Ration card / Election ID card / Passport (depending on your jurisdiction) *Note: At least one party should have proof of residence in Delhi to get marriage registered in Delhi
? Passport size photographs of both parties (3 copies each)
? One marriage photograph of parties.
4. Marriage Invitation Card: Physical marriage invitation invite in original.
5. A certificate to the effect that a marriage as per Hindu rites has been solemnized given by a person who can either be a gazetted officer or a PAN Card holder issued by Income Tax Department.
*Note: The person issuing the certificate should be present at the time of registration of marriage as a witness.
6. Certificate from priest (if available): Required in cases where marriage has been solemnized at a religious place.
*Note: The certificate must be from the same priest who solemnized the marriage.
7. A conversion certificate from the priest who solemnized the marriage (optional): In case one of the parties belonged to other than Hindu, Buddhist, Jain and Sikh religions, and converted to any of these religions before marriage.
8. Certified copy of divorce/decree/order: Applicable in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/ widower.
9. In case wife wants to add husbandís surname/ change her surname: A joint affidavit sworn by both husband and wife regarding change of name duly attested by notary public.
*Note: This may not be applicable in all districts; a gazette notification, if asked for, can be additionally provided by us as a separate package.
10. In case one of the partners is a foreign national:
? A certificate from the Embassy concerned regarding his/her present marital status.
? Valid Visa documents should also be submitted.
If you have a question in your mind or want to know something then feel free to contact us on
011-45518599 , 9350822123 , 9350622123