The main purpose of Registration is to maintain statistics and maintain a roll of such units for the purposes of offering incentives and support services. States have usually adopted the uniform registration procedures as per the guidelines. However, there may be some modifications done by States. It should be noted that small industries is essentially a state subject. States use the similar registration scheme for implementing their own policies. It is possible that some states may have a 'SIDO registration scheme' and a 'State registration scheme.
SSI Registration Online
SSI Online facility helps the Applicant to register their SSI Unit for Provisional Certificate through the Recognized Browsing Centers/Industrial Associations anywhere Within the State without approaching the District Industries Centers/Regional Joint Director, Chennai.
Immediately after the registration, the Provisional SSI Registration Certificate can be Obtained without any difficulty and delay. This facility is introduced by the Department of Industries and Commerce, Government of Tamil Nadu with the good intention that entrepreneurs shall provide the correct and true details in the online application form to get online SSI Provisional Registration Certificate.
Features of the present procedures are as follows:
• A unit can apply for PRC for any item that does not require industrial license which means items listed in Schedule-III and items not listed in Schedule-I or Schedule-II of the licensing Exemption Notification. Units employing less than 50/100 workers with/without power can apply for registration even for those items included in Schedule-II.
• Unit applies for PRC in prescribed application form. No field enquiry is done and PRC is issued.
• PRC is valid for five years. If the industrialist is unable to set up the unit in this period, he can apply afresh at the end of five years period.
• Once the unit commences production, it has to apply for eternal registration on the prescribed form.
The following form basis of evaluation:
• The unit has obtained all compulsory clearances whether statutory or administrative. E.g. drug license under drug control order, NOC from Pollution Control Board, if required etc.
• Unit does not violate any vocational restrictions in force, at the time of evaluation.
• Value of plant and machinery is within prescribed limits.
• Unit is not owned, controlled or subsidiary of any other industrial undertaking as per notification.
The registration under Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development (MSMED) Act, 2006 is for facilitating the promotion, development and enhancing the competitiveness of Micro, Small and Medium enterprises.
Registration of a firm under the Act is a medium to enjoy the benefits available to SMEs in terms of easy finance availability from Banks, preference in procuring Government tenders, stamp duty and octroi benefits, concession in electricity bills, timely receipt of payments from the buyers or debtors, reimbursement of ISO Certification expenses and so on.
All sectors and classes of enterprises, whether Trading, Service or Manufacturing, Proprietorship, Hindu undivided family, Association of persons, Co-operative society, Partnership firm, Company or Undertaking, by whatever name called can apply for the registration and get qualified for the benefits provided under the Act. SME/SSI Registration India
The SME/SSI registration scheme has no statutory basis. Units would usually get registered to avail some benefits, incentives or support given either by the Central or State Govt. The regime of incentives offered by the Centre usually contains the following:
• Credit prescription (Priority sector lending), differential rates of interest etc.
• Excise Exemption Scheme
• Exemption under Direct Tax Laws.
• Statutory support such as condition and the Interest on Delayed Payments Act.
Although in many cases they may define it differently. However, usually the registration certificate issued by the registering authority is seen as proof of being SSI. States/UTs have their own package of incentives and facilities for small scale. They relate to development of industrial estates, tax subsidies, power tax subsidies, capital investment subsidies and other support. Both the Centre and the State, whether under law or otherwise, target their incentives and support packages generally to units registered with them.
If you have a question in your mind or want to know something then feel free to contact us on
011-45518599 , 9350822123 , 9350622123